Sunday, January 23, 2005

Studies Show Tired Arms Lead to Giggles

Hubby and I went rock climbing earlier today. He wanted to climb before workouts so he would have fresh muscles. So we climbed with fresh muscles, and exhausted ourselves trying to make it to the top and ring the bell. I knew I had exhausted myself - big clues were the heavy panting and cramped (I don't even know what it's called) muscle on the underside of my forearms. I've never paid any attention to that little muscle, but it was screaming to be noticed by the time I was done climbing.

We headed upstairs to get our workouts in. Today was my weight lifting day. I didn't realize how tired I was from climbing. I started out lifting to work my rear shoulder muscles and was struggling by the fourth rep. ! I started giggling at how tired I was. With each rep, I found it funnier and funnier and giggled more and more.

I was glad to be listening to my walkman, with hopes that those around me who had noticed my giggling would think I was listening to something funny. That made me think how ridiculous I would look giggling to myself if I didn't have a walkman with. Well, that thought threw me into an out and out gigglefest.

I was overcome with laughter and thanking my lucky stars Hubby was upstairs, too. I ran over to the stationary bike he was peddling away on and vomited out my giggles. As I was telling him why I had the giggles, I started thinking how silly I would look having my fit of laughter if I didn't have him there to purge it all out to. That made me giggle a bit more.

If you happen to come across a laughing hyena at the gym sometime, wave "hi" at me.