Sunday, October 09, 2005

Damn You, David Sedaris!

I like to listen to an audiobook while I workout at the gym. It's a nice way to entertain me while I sweat, plus I get to "read" a book.

Sometimes it's really annoying to try to listen. Some audiobooks must be recorded quieter than others, because some are hard to hear even when the volume is turned all the way up. And when the gym has the overhead music turned up, I sometimes have to sneak over and turn it back down or turn off my book because I can't hear it over the piped-in music.

Today I started a new audiobook, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris. The good part about it is it's just as funny as other books of his I've read. The bad part is that I was giggling throughout my workout, looking like a complete weirdo (again).

I tried to keep quiet, but I couldn't help it. He's so darned funny! I even had tears rolling down my cheeks.